Hi, my name is Dan. I'm from London and am an internet investigator. Over the last couple of years I have progressively become more interested in all things InfoSec. To that end, this year I started studying the art of Penetration Testing/Ethical Hacking.
The role of an internet investigator is very similar if not identical to the reconnaissance stage of pentesting. As well as researching your target across social networks, a skilled internet investigator will be obtaining whois data, employing social engineering techniques, studying email headers, capturing IP addresses, basic packet sniffing, steganography detection, advanced Google searching, scouring html source code... the list goes on.
Hopefully, with alot of effort, focused studying and hands on training, I'll master this fascinating area of infosec. I hope you'll join me on my journey from training Padawan to Jedi Master. It's going to be a long road.
You can also follow me on Twitter @101011101010101
No comments:
Post a Comment