So I'm now in my third week of the PWB course, and I appear to have hit an early wall. Don't get me wrong, I knew it would be slow going as I had little hands on pentesting knowledge to help. I'm now a third of the way through the course manual and am playing with Nmap (great tool btw!).
I'm starting to wonder if 60 days is enough time in the labs. At least I can extend it if I need to.
I think the problem for me is being too eager to start having a proper crack at the VPN rather than still learning the various reconnaissance tools. But as is regularly pointed out in the world of pentesting, one must thoroughly sharpen ones axe before cutting down that tree. Yes I know, another variation on that phrase.
I have started to notice that patience may not be my strong point.
No comments:
Post a Comment